Packers 24, Lions 20
Ford Field (Detroit)
- James Starks now is the No. 1 RB in Cheese Country, but that doesn't necessarily translate into production as he gained only 74 yards on 25 carries and caught a pass for 6 yards. Alex Green, who had been starting, didn't log a carry or catch.
- Extra points: WR Randall Cobb continued his breakout season, leading the Pack in catches (9), receiving yards (74) and targets (12) while hauling in one of Aaron Rodgers' two TD tosses. He also rushed twice for 19 yards. ... WR Jordy Nelson was back for Green Bay, but didn't do much, catching three passes for 45 yards. ... For the Lions, RB Mikel Leshoure (19-84, TD) and WR Calvin Johnson (7-143, TD) had big days, QB Matthew Stafford (266 yards, TD, 3 turnovers) struggled and TE Brandon Pettigrew (4-22) continues to underwhelm.
Bengals 28, Chiefs 6
Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City, Mo.)
- The production of Cincy's Andy Dalton can't be overlooked any longer as the second-year starter now has accounted for at least three TDs in six of 10 games this season after throwing for 230 yards, two scores and rushing for 13 yards and another TD Sunday.
- Extra points: Ho hum, another game, another receiving TD for the Bengals' A.J. Green (6-91), who now has scored in nine straight. ... K.C. wideout Dwayne Bowe left in the third quarter with a neck injury and departed without catching a pass on two targets. ... Whether it's Matt Cassel (8-16, 93 yards), who started but was benched, or Brady Quinn (9-14, 95), who entered in the third quarter, the ineffectiveness of the Chiefs' passing game continues to drag the franchise down like an anchor.
Jets 27, Rams 13
Edward Jones Dome (St. Louis)
- When Bilal Powell, who rushed for two TDs and 42 yards for the Jets, and Brandon Gibson, who caught 3 passes for 9 yards and a pair of TDs for the Rams, are the headliners, you know what kind of fantasy game this was.
- Extra points: While Powell got the TDs (his first scores of the season), starter Shonn Greene led the Jets in rushing with 64 yards on 18 carries. ... Rams RB Steven Jackson (13-81) had a solid game, while WR Danny Amendola (7-41 on 11 targets) was held in check.
Redskins 31, Eagles 6
FedEx Field (Landover, Md.)
- Just when it was feared RGIII was hitting the proverbial rookie wall, he comes out with a near-perfect performance, completing 14 of 15 passes for 200 yards and four TDs and leading the Skins with 84 rushing yards on 12 carries.
- Extra points: Meanwhile, fellow rookie Nick Foles, making his first NFL start, wasn't so perfect, completing 21 of 46 passes for 204 yards, while losing three turnovers (two interceptions and a fumble) for Philly. ... The Eagles also received more bad news late in the fourth quarter when stud RB LeSean McCoy was carted off the field with a concussion. He finished with 112 total yards on 21 touches but also lost a fumble. ... Skins' WR Pierre Garcon returned after a four-game absence but gained only 5 yards on three receptions.
Buccaneers 27, Panthers 21 (OT)
Bank of America Field (Charlotte)
- Rookie RB Doug Martin continues to impress for the Bucs, gaining 161 total yards (138 on the ground) on 28 touches but his good fantasy game could've been great had he not coughed up a fumble at the goalline.
- Extra points: On the list of forgotten TEs, you'll find Tampa's Dallas Clark, who caught seven passes for 61 yards and the game-winning TD Sunday. ... Carolina RB Jonathan Stewart was off to a solid start with 69 total yards and a TD before spraining his ankle in the third quarter. He did return, but added only 4 more yards on six rushes. ... Brandon LaFell led the Panthers with five catches for 93 yards and a TD, while Steve Smith hauled in five passes for 62 yards but remains stuck on one TD reception this season.
Texans 43, Jaguars 37 (OT)
Reliant Stadium (Houston)
- Aerial duel? Matt Schaub?? Chad Henne??? Hard to fathom, but that's precisely what transpired in this one after Henne replaced injured Jags starter Blaine Gabbert (elbow contusion) in the first quarter. Henne finished with 354 yards and four TDs, but Schaub was even better, throwing for 527 yards and five scores. His 527 yards obviously was a career-high and tied for the second-best single-game total in NFL history.
- Extra points: Hand-in-hand with the big passing games came big receiving outings, with the Texans' Andre Johnson (14-273, TD) and the Jags' Justin Blackmon (7-236, TD) -- yes, the previously underachieving rookie -- lighting up the stat sheet. ... Three of Schaub's TD tosses went to TEs -- Garrett Graham had two and James Casey the other -- giving Houston TEs a combined total of 10 scores on the season. ... Shockingly, with 80 points scored, Texans' RB Arian Foster (28-77) didn't account for any of them, snapping a streak of 13 straight games, including the postseason, with a TD. ... As for the J'ville ground game, starter Rashad Jennings got off to a slow start, rushing three times for a loss of 1 yard and was replaced the rest of the way by Jalen Parmele, who carried 24 times for 80 yards.
Falcons 23, Cardinals 19
Georgia Dome (Atlanta)
- It was a tale of three QBs in this one, as the Falcons' Matt Ryan threw five interceptions to nearly match his total (7) from the previous nine games and still won, thanks to 28 completions and 301 yards. Meanwhile, for the Cards, rookie Ryan Lindley was inserted for ineffective starter John Skelton, but they combined to go 11-of-27 for only 70 yards, no TDs and a lost fumble.
- Extra points: Falcons' WR Julio Jones was active despite an ankle injury that had hampered him all week but clearly wasn't himself, finishing with only three receptions for 33 yards on seven targets. ... Atlanta RB Michael Turner led the team with only 46 yards on 15 rushes but salvaged his fantasy day with a short scoring run. ... LaRod Stephens-Howling was the Cards' top offensive player with 127 rushing yards and a TD on 22 rushes. ... Of all players, Early Doucet had a team-high five catches for 28 yards for the Cardinals, more than the combined reception total for Larry Fitzgerald (1-11), Andre Roberts (1-7) and Michael Floyd (2-18).
Cowboys 23, Browns 20 (OT)
Cowboys Stadium (Arlington, Texas)
- Tony Romo and Dez Bryant certainly have had their share of struggles this season, but on Sunday they stood tall in leading the Cowboys to a much-needed OT win. Romo was 35-of-50 for 313 yards and a TD, which was caught by Bryant as part of his 12 catches for a career-high 145 yards.
- Extra points: With DeMarco Murray missing his fifth straight game, the Cowboys once again turned to RB Felix Jones, who responded with 55 total yards and a TD. ... Browns RB Trent Richardson added to his impressive rookie résumé, grinding out 95 yards on 28 carries and leading the team with six receptions for 49 yards. ... TE Benjamin Watson had two scoring catches among his four receptions for 47 yards, doubling his TD total from his previous nine games.
Saints 38, Raiders 17
O.co Coliseum (Oakland, Calif.)
- Drew Brees versus most any defense is a good fantasy fantasy matchup; Brees vs. the Raiders is a great one. The Saints' QB threw for 219 yards and a trio of TDs Sunday to beat Oakland for the seventh straight time. He has thrown 16 TDs with no interceptions during that run.
- Extra points: Mark Ingram led the Saints in rushes for the second straight game, carrying 12 times for 67 yards and a TD. Chris Ivory rushed eight times for 37 yards, while Pierre Thomas had five carries for 30 yards. ... Despite a pair of picks, Raiders' QB Carson Palmer threw for 312 yards and two TDs and topped 290 passing yards for the seventh game this season. ... In his second game filling in for the injured Darren McFadden and Mike Goodson, Marcel Reece was a fantasy force with 103 rushing yards and a team-high 90 receiving yards on only 23 touches. ... Darrius Heyward-Bey paced Raider receivers with four catches for 69 yards, while Denarius Moore was surprisingly quiet with one grab for 9 yards on seven targets.
Broncos 30, Chargers 23
Sports Authority Field at Mile High (Denver)
- Peyton Manning continues to spread the wealth with TD tosses to Demaryius Thomas (3-42), Brandon Stokley (4-55) and Eric Decker (2-23), rescuing otherwise slow fantasy days for the the three wideouts.
- Extra points: Denver RB Willis McGahee was off to a strong start with 55 yards on seven carries and one catch for 18 yards but departed in the second quarter after taking a shot to his right knee. With Knowshon Moreno inactive, Ronnie Hillman (14 touches for 59 yards) and Lance Ball (9-56) finished out the game. ... WR Danario Alexander has become Philip Rivers' top target, hauling in seven passes for 96 yards and a pair of TDs, giving him 230 yards and three scores over the past two games. ... TE Antonio Gates continues to disappoint, finishing with only two catches for 17 yards, while fellow TE Ladarius Green had three grabs for 25 yards.
Patriots 59, Colts 24
Gillette Stadium (Foxborough, Mass.)
- Rob Gronkowski has stood out in otherwise disappointing year for many top TEs, and he reaffirmed that Sunday with seven grabs for 137 yards and a pair of TDs. However, Gronk suffered a broken forearm blocking on an extra point late in the game, and now will be out an indefinite amount of time.
- Extra points: The New England defense/special teams came up with four turnovers and scored a trio of touchdowns, jump-started by newly-acquired CB Aqib Talib's 59-yard interception in the second quarter. ... The Pats' Stevan Ridley (13-28) and Shane Vereen (11-40) both rushed for TDs. ... Colts' QB Andrew Luck looked very much like a rookie in accounting for all four of the team's turnovers with three picks and a fumble. He still threw for 334 yards and a pair of TDs -- both to fellow rookie T.Y. Hilton (6-100). ... Vick Ballard led Indy in rushing with 72 yards on 16 totes, but Delone Carter scored the team's lone rushing TD.
Ravens 13, Steelers 10
Heinz Field (Pittsburgh)
- No surprise as the defenses dominated here with the teams combining for only one offensive TD, and that came 43 seconds into the contest on Byron Leftwich's 31-yard TD scramble. All NFL scoring plays are reviewed, but that one warranted some extra scrutiny to assure it really was Leftwich with the run. The other TD came on Jacoby Jones' 63-yard punt return in the second quarter. It was the Baltimore WR's third return score of the season.
- Extra points: Leftwich, filling in for Ben Roethlisberger, was 18-of-39 for 201 yards and an interception. He spread the ball around to 10 different pass-catchers, with WR Emmanuel Sanders setting the pace with 82 receiving yards and fellow wideout Mike Wallace topping all Steelers with four catches. ... RB Rashard Mendenhall returned and finished with 50 total yards on 14 touches, but Jonathan Dwyer looked like the Black & Gold's best RB with 81 yards on 15 touches, including a team-leading 55 rushing yards on 12 attempts. Fellow RB Isaac Redman finished with one carry for 5 yards before leaving the game with a concussion. ... Ravens' QB Joe Flacco threw for only 164 yards, and eight of his 20 completions went to Anquan Boldin, who picked up 79 yards on 12 targets. Fellow WR Torrey Smith was targeted seven times but had only one catch for 7 yards. ... Baltimore TE Dennis Pitta had a reception for 5 yards before departing in the first quarter with a concussion.